LinkedIn matters to GWP. As do Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. They are all incredibly powerful channels by which we communicate. Here’s the thing about LinkedIn and GWP, though:
It is the ONLY social channel that allows me to get detailed communications about important announcements to your email box.
Why is that important? Well…here’s the deal. Every announcement that goes into the social newsfeed scrolls through your timeline, and you may or may not see it. For memes and odds’n’ends of posts, that’s no big deal. BUT…when it comes to information, like GWP Day, that’s of importance to the whole GWP community, it’s just not an effective way to make sure you see details that keep you from missing out on things that matter to you.
LinkedIn allows me to email you one announcement per week. You’ve probably noticed that I don’t do that. We all get so MUCH email that I don’t want to add to the clutter. That’s why I reserve my announcements for big things, like GWP Day!
If you’re not on LinkedIn, then you’re not receiving those details, and that bothers me! While my personal favorite social channel is Instagram (who knew…), my favorite PREDICTABLE channel is our LinkedIn group. You need to be there with us. Seriously.
- LinkedIn is home to the original (and still the largest) Girls Who Print community.
- You have to be a member of LinkedIn to join the group there.
- There are over 6,000 people from all over the world in the LI group.
- People have formed countless friendships and business relationships through the LI group.
- Girls Who Print is unique for having begun strictly online and spilled over into real life.
So…PLEEEEEEASE go join that LI group. Just click on the “Social Media” tab at the top of this page to find the link. While you’re at it, check out the other social channels on that page, and connect. Connect and SHARE!
AND…use that hashtag! #GirlsWhoPrint
Peace. Love. GWP Forever.